IMPACT51 is a business angel partnership of like-minded, experienced,
senior executives and entrepreneurs. We invest with passion, personal cash and expertise in
early-phase startups. We actively engage with our start-ups to help them scale and grow their
business. Investments are done by syndication only. IMPACT51 is present in Germany, Switzerland,
Czech Republic, Austria and the United States.
Our unique approach combines:
early stage funding
We are focused on early stage funding and we offer access to our substantial associated investor network.
hands-on operational support
Our team brings extensive knowledge and expertise in operational and commercial applications, helping to grow your business.
When we invest, we can provide access to our extended network of industry and business partners.
We are eager to share our entrepreneurial and management experience in multinational corporates with B2B early-phase startups, to assist and mentor their next phase of sustainable growth and globalization.
- Invest and support early-phase technology-oriented, digitally driven start-ups with scalable business potential, primarily in B2B segments
- Strive to work with strong, creative, entrepreneurs with enthusiastic, focused, active and effective teams
- Prefer to work with start-ups where we can engage on a personal and high level to actively support the business’ growth. We engage selectively with 3-5 new investments per year
- Act as an investment syndicate by engaging our extended network
- We have personal skin in the game– we always invest our own money
- We have decades of global business execution track record in multi-billion Euro, digital technology and consulting companies as well as venture capital companies
- We are an international network
- We are deeply engaged in the eco-system: as advisors, coaches, mentors and competition jury-members
- We work actively and hands-on with and for the startup: as board members, advisors and coaches for strategy, business tuning, go-to-market, sales acceleration and on selected tech services
- We maintain a network of business partners who can provide ad hoc resources for digital marketing, operational management, software development and next stage financing
Over the last 4 years, we have grown to
WHO WE ARE
IMPACT51 partners are former executives with expertise and skills as entrepreneurs, corporate executives, consultants, investors, board members, and venture capitalists. We have a deep understanding of both technology and business, and most importantly, are willing to leverage our knowledge for your success. Our team is an international and diverse group with very substantial business development and execution experience across Europe and the US and is able to leverage a broad business network.
Dr. Thomas Billeter
- 10 years in technology innovation as co-founder, manager and business angel in technology startups in media and software space.
- 6 years of experience as management consultant in top global strategy consulting firm.
- 6 years as line manager in large international telecommunications technology company.
- Expert in business building, product and market development and partnering.
- Engeneering and business administration background.
- Over 20 years as senior executive and business manager with proven track record and delivering results.
- Over 15 years as active board member (public and private), business coach and advisor to VC's and as investor.
- Dual citizenship (US/CH) with international working experience in multicultural environment.
- Strong entrepreneurial and execution skills with an outstanding track record in team building and people management.
Dr. Markus Feidicker
- 15 years in executive positions in leading international IT companies with P&L responsibility.
- More than 8 years of experience as management consultatnt in top global strategy consulting firm and as independent consultant with focus and IT and Telco.
- Expert in IT outsourcing, systems integration, solution sales and business development, large contract negotiation, and M&A/post-merger integration.
- PHD in business administration/accounting.
Dr. Ljiljana Mitic
- More than 20 years experience in Financial Services and IT-Services.
- Senior management track record in international companies.
- Strong international management & leadership experience.
- Profound banking skills combined with strong IT skills (strong experience in IT operation, transformation, strategy and governance).
- Portfolio manager (Investment & Corporate Banking) and active non-executive board member.
- Strategic advisor and business angel.
- More than 30 years senior management track record in leading global IT companies delivering profitable growth and customer satisfaction.
- Solid track record in consultative selling, systems integration, outsourcing, cloud computing, business analytics and partnerships.
- Industry focus on public sector, defense, life science, healthcare and transport.
- Business angel, coach and investor with focus on big data analytics, IoT, 3D-printing, healthcare.
- Advising portfolio of SMEs on strategic development, agile, LEAN, key account sales and digital transformation.
- Alumni TU Berlin (Dipl. -Ing. Electrical Engineering/Computer Science).
Dr. Rudolf Spruengli
- PhD from University of St. Gallen, CH.
- Visiting Scholar at University of California, Berkeley, USA.
- Career in international marketing at Lindt & Sprüngli AG.
- CEO and Board Delegate of an international specialty food trading conglomerate.
- Senior Advisor for Bain & Company, an international strategy consulting firm.
- Dr. Rudolf K. Sprüngli Strategy Consulting (RKSSC), active in: Premium & Specialty Food, Financial Services, Media, Biotechnology, Ecology & Recycling, Nuclear, Alternative Energy, Healthcare & Wellness, IT, Real Estate, Education, Fashion, Textiles, Travel Food Service, Business, Science & Technology Promotion.
Our group has invested in numerous start-ups. We use a proven start-up assessment methodology combining a view of market potential and execution capabilities. We invest early stage and target 3-5 investments per year. Our goal is to build, grow, and transform sustainable businesses. We work closely with new company’s to set the course for successful development of the business.
Invested | Exited
BitsaboutMe empowers people to reclaim control over their personal data, in order to better protect their privacy and to get a fair deal when sharing their personal data profile with trustworthy companies and institutions.
CreditGate24 connects borrowers with private and institutional lenders, thereby creating win-win situations. Lenders and borrowers alike benefit from the efficient setup and low-cost structure compared to traditional banks and loan providers. Borrowers with the required creditworthiness are offered flexible financing solutions at attractive terms. CreditGate24 stands for transparent fees and a straightforward online credit application process.
DearEmployee is the platform for mental health at work. The Corporate Health Start-Up supports employers in designing healthy workplaces in order to reduce mental illness and thus increase employee productivity. Using the DearEmployee Platform, companies can use a scientific method to easily and digitally identify
Nomoko is building the Mirror World platform including the gateway to add more spatial data, and the tools to use all of this data to build Mirror World applications. Nomoko's competitive advantage lies in the combination of the ability to generate extremely detailed 3D models at large scale and the creation of a universal spatial data infrastructure.
With Open as App any company or organization can create, update and share apps on multiple platforms instantly. Its special magic, Open as App is truly dynamic, it keeps all the logic of your data source (formulas, calculations, charts…) and can even add data evaluation. This way, companies can capitalize on some of the key benefits of digitization: save time and money, be more productive and turn mobile instantly in everyday business!
Zattoo is shaping the future of television, live and on demand. We pursue the vision of a new TV experience, regardless of place, time and device. They develop apps for mobile, web and big screen on platforms like Apple, Android, Samsung, Amazon Fire TV, Xbox One and many more
bexio - the simple business software ideal for small businesses, self-employed and start-ups. bexio helps small businesses to better manage administration, work efficiently and sell more.
BRD is a decentralized financial services platform that started with the launch of its simple and safe bitcoin wallet, designed to enable anyone and everyone to take advantage of Bitcoin.
OANDA is a leader in currency data, offering forex & CFD trading, corporate fx payments and exchange rates services for wide range of organizations and investors.
At IMPACT51 we excel by recognizing patterns of weakness (“gaps”) in execution and strategy and then we provide support and strategies to strengthen your business model. This approach has proven to make investments more successful.